So I’ve decided, I will only post a recipe if I’m truly obsessing over it. With that being said, here is my new obsession. I. Can’t. Stop. Eating. These. Cookies. They are perfectly soft and chewy—how every cookie should be. I’m considering them a breakfast cookie since they are packed with oats and can be very filling with your morning coffee, tea, or lemon water. Plus, who doesn’t love eating cookies for breakfast!? They are definitely more healthy than grabbing a granola bar since they are typically filled with additives or have sugar. This is a dairy free, egg free, and sugar-free recipe. The use of honey can even be optional!
- Two large ripe bananas (mashed)
- Two cups of oats (I use steel-cut)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon vanilla
- Two tablespoons honey
- ½ cup of nut butter (I use chunky peanut butter)
- ¼-½ cup of your favorite mix ins! (I used Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure and mix all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet—try to use the same measuring method for each one in order to keep the cookies the same size. Due to the texture and ingredients of the dough it will not spread while baking, so make sure they are the shape you want them.
- Bake cookies for about 14-16 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Let them fully cool and enjoy!
Such a simple and fail-proof recipe! I adapted this recipe by mixing a few different recipes I saw on Pinterest. You can also mix in other ingredients like walnuts, pecans, craisins—the options are endless. Also, I used crunchy peanut butter which added extra texture. Now go bake these yummy breakfast cookies!
A Trendy Mama